Scholarship Information(Information will be emailed to students and parents when we receive it)Scholarships offer money for college that does not need to be repaid. Scholarships can be based on whatever criteria are important to the organization or individual offering the funds. Never pay someone to search scholarships for you!
New! Each college and university website will provide a Net Price Calculator on their website which will provide you with an estimate of the actual costs to attend their school. Check their website!Don't forget to ask about scholarships offered by professional organizations and unions that family members belong to, and see us in the counseling center for information on scholarships being offered by our local community civic organizations and foundations!
- Start Early! Don't wait until the last minute to complete the application.
- Proofread your application. Ask someone else to proofread it as well.
- Don't Procrastinate. Deadlines are final. Your application will not be considered if it is late.
- Take Responsibility for your application. Keep a copy for your records.
- Watch your mail and email. Most scholarship committees will communicate with you regarding your application through mail or email.
These websites are a great place to start looking for scholarships:
TheWashBoard.org connects Washington students of all types with Washington scholarship providers….for FREE. Whether you’ll be attending in state or out, you save time by entering your profile once and letting them find the scholarship opportunities that fit. theWashBoard.org is spam-free and will never sell your information.
Going Merry (Website where you can apply to multiple scholarships using the same application, organize your applications, let your counselor help you along the way)
Gear Up Washington (Scholarships organized by deadlines)
BigFuture.org (Scholarship search engine that matches students based on thier College Board profile)
Immigrants Rising (Scholarships for undocumented students)