25 hours of service (at least 5 with a non-profit) are required during senior year in order to graduate!
Students can earn .5 credits per year when they complete 25 hours of service.
Turn in your service hours to receive credit: CLICK HERE FOR FORM!
Why Service Hours?
Being exposed to different experiences outside of school can help students develop connections or ideas for their future plans.
Students have the opportunity to earn additional credit towards graduation.
Service hours help our students meet college acceptance requirements.
Helps students become more visible in our community.
They foster relationships with community members, which in turn leads to better references for resumes and applications.
The school board wants our students to be involved in community service and it is a requirement to earn a Rainier High School diploma.
Current Service Opportunities
- JustServe is a website where you can search for local volunteer opportunities by location. They even have some virtual volunteering that you can choose to complete.
- Teens in Thurston (TnT) is a volunteer program at the Thurston Conservation District for local high school students. This group meets approximately once a month to participate in a variety of conservation and sustainability activities, learn from Conservation District staff and partners, and build community between students from a variety of backgrounds. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rainier Education Foundation We need your help! Volunteers are the life-blood of our organization and we are always in need of many hands to accomplish our goals. We have lots of jobs, big & small, throughout the year. email@example.com
- We Love Rainier is a group of Rainier citizens and business owners who are collaborating to brighten the future of Rainier and contribute to the development and growth of a vibrant community. They host activities throughout the year and always need volunteers!
- Rainier Community Garden Is located here at Rainier High School and there are volunteer opportunities to help make this garden create a big impact on lives throughout the county. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rainier Lion's Club
- Rotary Club of Yelm
- Rainier Eagles