Quiz #2, and AIR #3 due today.
3/22/2023—Wednesday Wordsday #2!
Bell Work: The prompt is from my Storymatic—take two gold cards and two copper cards. Here is what they are:
“here comes trouble” “offer is refused” / “person who believes in fairies” “carnival worker”
Student Objective: Students will demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar, spelling, and usage when writing or speaking.
Student Target: I will acquire and use accurately general academic and domain-specific words and phrases, sufficient for reading, writing, speaking, and listening at the college and career readiness level.
- I can identify correct definitions, synonyms, and/or antonyms for vocabulary words.
- I can demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- I can read independently and document for my AIR journal.
- Bell Work
- Wednesday Wordsday
- academic vocabulary and spelling words
- New vocabulary and spelling words
- AIR reading
5 New Vocabulary Words for Conference Week
jingoistic, implacable, affinity, coquette, and harangue
15 New Spelling Words for Conference Week
facility, galaxy, hallucination, icicle, Japanese, kaleidoscope, laboratory, machinery, naïve, obedience, pancreas, quiche, receipt, salary, thief