Students who receive training at skills centers can expect to:
- Have free training(a program fee may apply).
- Develop skills, knowledge, and attitude to successfully entry the workforce or further training
- Earn up to 3+ high school credits in a full-year program.
- Learn from teachers/partners who come from business and industry.
- Receive information on career and post-secondary opportunities.
- May participate in job shadow, internships, and pre-apprenticeships.
- Participate in a wide range of leadership activities/programs.
- Receive certificates of competency.
- Make the transition from school to work and/or post-secondary education.
- May receive advanced placement and/or college credit through the Tech Prep programs.
Applications for Fall 2023 open on Tuesday, February 14th.