Based on eligibility for special education, the following services are available
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational/Physical Therapy
- Resource Programs
- Elementary Life Skills Program (adaptive living skills, early academic development for students with severe needs)
- Secondary Life Skills Programs (Adaptive living skills, prevocational and vocational programs for students with severe disabilities)
Birth to 2
Rainier School District contracts with Parent to Parent for evaluations
Services are provided by Parent to Parent and are not served at the school district.
3 to 5: Integrated Preschool
The preschool teams provide services for each child in the areas of qualification, based on assessment findings. This could include some or all of these services:
- cognitive development/pre-academic skills
- motor skills
- self-help skills
- Special Education teams at each school site, under the leadership of the School Psychologist, assess students to determine eligibility and then provide students with an appropriate program. At each school site, students are assigned to a teacher/manager who is responsible for managing the student's program.
- Life skills program at elementary building and at secondary level for students with needs in the Life Skills areas.