Welcome to Preschool!
The Rainier Preschool is currently full for the 2022-2023 School Year
A waiting list will be maintained for the 2022-2023 school year only.
Click the Preschool Pre-Registration button on the Elementary Webpage: www.rainier.wednet.edu/domain/60
It is the mission of Rainier Preschool to provide an early learning opportunity for children who are 3 1/2 to 5 years of age. We value children of all abilities and strive to meet their educational and social needs. The preschool operates a morning and afternoon session, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.Our goals and objective are:
- To encourage in each child, self-confidence, concern for others and cooperation in work and play.
- To further develop in each child the skills in listening, self-discipline, independence, positive social skills and self regulation.
- To provide enough variety to stimulate each child and enough routine to five each child a sense of stability.
- To introduce each child to various materials, people and experiences to aid them in their abilities to accept and deal effectively with differences and change.
- To give each child the opportunity to solve problems and make appropriate decisions within the realm of their own choices for activities.
- To encourage and develop in each child a love for life-long learning, focusing on pre-writing, pre-reading and pre-math skills.
- To modify curriculum to meet the current needs of the students, using research-based information and strategies.